A vigorous house plant capable of considerable growth. The variegated varieties require a slightly higher temperature. The species, lizei, is probably the most popular.
- Growing season 15 °C (60 ‘ °F)
- Minimum winter 4-7 °C (39-45 °F)
Soil: A soil-less.
Where to: Place in ‘a light non-sunny . The plant is tolerant of draughts and temperature changes.
Watering requirements: Lukewarm water. Always maintain a moist soil condition and water on the soil. No spraying is necessary, nor does the plant demand high.
General care: Feed weekly with weak liquid fertilizer. Cut back in spring for a bushier plant. No, except for shaping. If it has been in the same pot for a long time and looks tired, re-pot in fresh compost. It will not thrive in too high a temperature.
Rest: There is no marked resting period.
When it looks sick:
- Leaves tend to flag and become pale : Reduce , as this is the most likely cause.
- Growth too lush and soft : Stop .
- Damaged, browning and a tendency to wilt : Reposition out of sunlight.